Nothing ruins a backyard party like a swarm of blood-thirsty mosquitoes.
If you plan on entertaining outdoors, regular lawn care and maintenance is the best way to deter mosquitos, here are some easy ways to keep pesky mosquitoes from ruining your good time.
- Eliminate all standing water in your yard. Mosquitoes can breed in that environment.
- Be sure to regularly change the water in planters, birdbaths, and wading pools.
- Keep gutters clean. Clogged drains are a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Regularly clean your swimming pool and keep its covers dry.
- Consider creating a landscape with plants that contain citronella and natural oils that repel mosquitos: Lavender, basil, rosemary, and peppermint are some. Catnip contains nepetalactone, an essential oil 10x more effective than DEET.
Regular lawn care and maintenance will significantly reduce the mosquito population in your yard.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org about mosquito control for your home.
Join the Peak newsletter
Subscribe to get Peak tips, gardening info, and special promotions!